Check out these alarming statistics about the influence that men have on their children:
According to Children-our investment.org, homes without fathers ultimately affect children in numerous tragic ways:
• 63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes
• 90% of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes
• 85% of all children who show behavior disorders come from fatherless homes
• 80% of rapists with anger problems come from fatherless homes
• 71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes
• 75% of all adolescent patients in chemical abuse centers come from fatherless homes
• 85% of all youths in prison come from fatherless homes.
Brothers, we need you to help make productive citizens of our children. Regardless of how your children were conceived, or who they were conceived with, we have an obligation to provide for and protect our children. Protect them from the ills of society, help them avoid making bad choices and provide them with a stable environment so that they won’t be prone to look for love in all the wrong places.
Regardless of what you have been told by society, your parents, spouses, girlfriends, children and the like, FATHERS ARE NEEDED. We need you to stand up and be counted. Stand up and love your children. Stand up and protect your children. These statistics don’t talk about how these incidents occurred, or who is to blame, it just shows you how devastating the absence of a father is.
If you are a father desiring help in raising your children, understanding your child’s needs and wanting to be a better father, call me at (718) 241-2044, Kami Roberts, LCSW-R. Visit me at www.kindcounseling.com